Weaving in more old fashioned lifestyle content has been top of mind for awhile now, so I've decided to use the time I'm usually driving carpool to churning out these posts.
image via becauseimaddicted
Podcasts are a great way to get myself out of my head, so whether you're keeping busy folding the laundry, working on a puzzle or want some background noice while drawing a bath, these are some favorites across all categories.
I've tapped my partner-in-crime and work wife Molly to chime in as she is often the one nudging me to listen to some of these as they're super relevant for gaininng some business prowess and seizing the entrepreneur lifestyle. Needless to say, there's something for everyone, and I can't think of a better time for some continued learning and enlightening conversations than right now.
Here are our favorites along with a recommended introduction episode before determining if you should subscribe like us.
Second Life by Hillary Kerr
- April Gargiulo of Vitner's Daughter - this product does wonders for my skin like so many others, so I was dying to hear how she came up with this magic potion
- also! Asya Varetsa of a favorite line we carry, SLEEPER, speaks on her journey and it's fascinating.
What We Wore by Laura Vinroot Poole
- The Independent | Tracy Feith - we have loved getting to know this Texas native since launching The Avenue and working through such special exclusive designs for the site
- Keeping It Fun | Lela Rose - another Texas native who has made a huge splash on the design scene, love that she's a hard working mom.
Women Who Travel by Condé Nast Traveler
- Why We All Need to Slow Down When We Travel - inspired to put this into practice for future trip
Spiraling by Serena Wolf + Katie Dalebout
- Do you have social (media) anxiety? - Something almost all of us can relate to on some level whether its with our own accounts, the wonder of how it will affect future generations and our relationships.
- Shout out to co-host Serena Wolf of The Dude Diet (an incredible cooking blog!) who was our January Carte Blanche tastemaker.
Pop Culture Happy Hour by NPR
- 'Succession': Mogul Money, Mogul Problems - Bret and I dove headfirst into season one and two of this show and can't wait for the third. This smart panel is also on board which made me feel like I have somewhat good taste in television! Comforting since I've now moved onto Very Cavallari on E!
- Revisiting the Movies of 1999 - Episodes like this bring me back to movies worth rewatching.
- Lessons in Happiness from Around the World - uplifting, enlightening and convicting for any listener.
- All of it! I'm not a huge thriller binge podcaster, but I can get sucked into a really good one and this one was exactly that.
- Emily Current and Meritt Elliott: ‘There is some real validity in wholesale right now’ - gave me reassurance in our Avenue model that retailers and boutiques provide great touchpoints for brands to reach many, and somewhat debunking the DTC craze.
On Purpose with Jay Shetty
- 6 Reasons We Overthink & 4 Steps To Break Down Your Procrastination Pattern - As the title indicates, these episodes break big questions down into super digestable tips that make so much sense. They're often truths you already knew but needed to hear again.
- Are You Washing Your Face The Right Way? - There's probably billions of beauty products out there and no two skin care routines are alike, but we all wash our face. Loved this breakdown of the best practices + cleansing products!
- Tieghan Gerard, The Amazing Chef Behind Half Baked Harvest, Gives Me Beginner Cooking Tips And Thanksgiving Cheats - Beloved food blogger shares a little background and cooking tips!
Happy listening, y'all.