So often, limitations and constraints provide for some of the best creative moments. Such was the case when our trunk show, market and photo shoot travel calendar came to a screeching halt about this time last year. Our world of tastemakers was opened up as we discovered we could send our tablewares near and far.
For this month, we were able to be on location again with local interior designer, Libba Blalock. Her home decor sensibilities translated to her tabletop vision beautifully, and we think it's the perfect scene to put spring in your step as we officially enter the season this Saturday. Shop the scene by clicking the (+) plus-signs below and viewing her Avenue edit here.
Libba is known for her approachable yet sophisticated interiors, and her love for vintage and antique pieces. Her Easter Sunday setting draws on her favorite color combination -- blues and greens -- for a table that easily lends itself to #makemealsmemories celebrations well beyond April Fourth.
SHOP THE SETTING:
- tablecloth :: BATIK BLOCK PRINT TABLECLOTH, BLUE X WHITE
- dinner plate :: ORIENTE ITALIANO DINNER PLATE, BARIO
- salad plate :: ORIENTE ITALIANO SALAD PLATE, BARIO
- placemat :: WOVEN CANE PALM PLACEMAT, NATURAL
- place card holder :: BAMBOO PLACE CARD HOLDER
- wine glass :: WINE GLASS (SET OF 2), MINT GREEN
- flatware :: BAMBOO FLATWARE
Libba's love of vintage and antique pieces can be seen showcased with her gorgeous white porcelain goblets and leaf dishes. She also cleverly decorated the table with vintage marble eggs, an elegant and understated nod to the holiday. Mixing vintage in always provide interest and conversation-starting styles; here are some of our favorite treasures available on the site: these floral plates and crystal carafe from the French antique label, Madame de la Maison.
The not-so-behind-the-scenes set assistant, Mae, is the Blalock family's newest addition and we couldn't love her more. Place cards were made by the lovely Nancy Bihlmaier (@nancyb.creative) and delicately placed in these timeless bamboo holders ($12).
We love the way Libba added texture and character to the table with the layering of plates and patterns. There's something special about combining traditional and modern patterns, as seen here with the our favorite Ginori & Libba's personal marble chargers. Cocktail napkins were made by Hibiscus Linens, monogrammed with the Blalock family B. Shop our Hibiscus edit here.
EASTER FOR THE LITTLES
Who said that the kids table had to be boring? We love Libba's choice of kid-proof melamine plates and gingham flatware. All of which are dish-washer safe, a kids-table necessity. Shop the scene by clicking the (+) plus-signs below and viewing her Avenue edit here.
SHOP THE KID'S SETTING:
- tablecloth :: BATIK BLOCK PRINT TABLECLOTH, GREEN
- napkin :: LE CIRQUE NAPKINS
- melamine dinner plate :: SPRING FLORAL MELAMINE PLATE
- melamine dessert plate :: EASTER FLORAL MELAMINE DESSERT PLATE
- napkin ring :: BUNNY EAR NAPKIN RING
- tumbler :: PERLE TUMBLER, BRITISH GREEN
- flatware :: VICHY FLATWARE, YELLOW GINGHAM
Pleasure having you on The Avenue, Libba, and we hope you and your family have a fabulous Easter Sunday. You can follow Libba at @libbablalockinteriors for inspiring interiors and puppy content. xx