It's slim pickens now that we're almost a week into the Nordstrom sale, but we discovered that so many good essential tops are well-stocked and such good investment pieces for your wardrobe you'll wear into they're falling apart. Coming from a girl who wears a white blouse every other day, trust me on these. Some have a little more fashion flare, so there's something for everyone!
1. L'Agence Camisole
- I find it so hard to find a good silk cami without any lace or frilly accents. This would look so chic under a really good blazer and perfect for date night with dark denim and a favorite heel.
11. RAILS Cara Tee
- If you know RAILS, you know they make the softest plaid button downs, so that means they make a mean tee too. We love this lightning print but aren't mad at the kisses or butterflies either.
12. FRAME Keyhole Silk Tank
- Y'all loved the white version of this top we featured last week, and the black is just as good and versatile.
Back in Houston HQ and hunkering down to deliver you people the best things for fall and holiday! I always have a sweater on hand despite the sweltering temps outside, and this one
is so cozy and easy for layering. As the sole reviewer said: "Very cute fit! Doesn't cling" I'm in agreement!
My shorts are linked here
, and my headband is no longer on the site but lots of similar ones can be shopped right on over here
I did a little in-person shopping at the Nordstrom
here in Santa Barbara and found some gems that I maybe would have passed on if I hadn't seen, felt and touched them IRL. These cooler Cali temps make these styles even more enticing, so I'm wearing this soft, striped cashmere Vince sweater
today and know it'll get lots of use come winter in Texas.
This mini bag
has gone with me to all the places in SB, and there's just one left
on the site! These are all winners, I promise! And all pretty readily stocked unlike so many of the styles already! Happy Sunday, people!
1. Midi Skirt - great moody yet neutral color combo
2. Plaid Double-Breasted Blazer - would style the same way I did the blazer in the steps shot below (also love the simplicity of this style)
3. Crop Faux Leather Jacket in Light Grey - great color that's not black or brown for a leather moto
4. Leopard Asymmetrical Loafer - leopard trend lives on!
5. Supersoft Deep Hem Sweaters - one in every color, please & thank ya!
6. Teddy Fleece Funnel Neck Top - don't pretend you couldn't live in this
7. RAILS Rowen Military Jacket - top five items from this year's sale
8. RAILS Hunter Plaid Shirt - lots of options
9. Twill Mini Skirt - this corduroy style sold out quick, but I actually prefer this one as the fabric makes it more versatile at all times of year, and bonus! it's a good bit less expensive.
10. THEORY Long Sleeve Blazer Dress
It's our sixth year reporting on the anniversary sale Nordstrom hosts mid-summer every year, so we'd like to think we're a pretty trusty source as to what will sell out first. And it makes sense; the styles are always closet staples everyone needs anyway, so why not snag them when they're a fraction of the price?
I've never been mad when come fall, my closet has my new favorite pair of jeans and that silky blouse that goes with literally everything. And we all know Nordstrom's customer service is above and beyond, so worst case scenario, you order and return what doesn't work in a cinch.
Consider this your fall capsule wardrobe -- you're welcome!
Paige Denim Hidden Hills Ankle Straight Leg Jeans
- VERONICA BEARD Beacon Check Dickey Jacket
ALLSAINTS Balfern Lambskin Leather Biker Jacket - equally on board with the sage grey shade too, but this blush makes the leather look extra buttery and delicious
TOM FORD Raquel Oversized Open Side Sunglasses
Midi Leopard Slip Skirt - under $50! [loving this black slip skirt too]
- SPACE.NK.apothecary Sunday Riley Sunday's Essentials Set
- FRAME Keyhole Silk Tank
TOM FORD Eye & Lip Mini Set - such a good stocking stuffer; you're laughing now, but you'll wish you did it come December!
- VINCE Wing Collar Olive Green Parka
Stuart Weitzman Darla Over the Knee Boot - forever and always, if you've thought about this for multiple years in a row, spare yourself the brain space and get them this year!
Be sure to tune into LZ's Instagram for her try-on haul and check back on Sunday for more of our fashion favorites. But for now, get shopping! The clock is ticking, and you know a lot of carts are already full. Happy Friday and weekend! X