I'm curious: how formal are your family gatherings for Thanksgiving? I love hearing about everyone's traditions, and it seems like this day in particular runs the gamut from super casual grazing lunches to pull out all the china cabinet stop dinners.
We're somewhere in between, and I'm so excited to celebrate not once but twice for 2019.
SHOP THE LOOK:
- Sweater | Frani Top, Ivory
- Denim | Le Bardot High Waist Crop Flare Jeans [pretty coated version here]
- Belt | Leo Tiger Stripe Belt
- Booties | Winona Booties
- Bag | Bex Pleated Stripe Knot Bag
- Sunglasses | Classic Tortoise Sunglasses
- Earrings | Mini Pearl Fiona Hoops
We're heading to Ohio next weekend to be with my crew, and then we'll head back to Houston to host on the actual holiday. That said, I have days to dress for but three outfits to inspire all your gobble day get-ups!
First up is my favorite combination any day but especially on Thanksgiving. A sweater that feels a little more special for the celebratory occasion, and this one is that with its soft Peruvian knit and bow detail and ever so slight puff sleeve.
I paired it with a burgundy crop denim which highlight the stark white booties that I swear everyone needs because they're on sale and look a zillion times more expensive than they are.
The simplicity of these elements gave me permission to play in the accessories department, so I added this tiger stripe belt and pleated bag.
The next look maintains that warm, harvesty fall color scheme but departs from the jeans and a top ensemble.
SHOP THE LOOK:
- JUMPER | Corduroy Woven Jumpsuit, Rust
- TOP | Similar here, here and here
- BAG | Bee Mini Satchel, Olive
- SUNGLASSES | Kiwi Black Round Sunglasses
- HAIR BOW | Ruffle Pleated Hair Clip, Ivory
- BOOTIE | Walker Booties
The minute we saw this corduroy jumper, I had visions of all the tops I'd layer underneath it. Mine's old, but any fall floral (like this or this) would achieve this same look.
But! The party is on the back of this look with this pleated hair clip. It's my new go-to hack for horrible hair days, and TBH, now I am kind of wishing more of those come my way for an excuse to rock this.
It also comes in a leopard which would be amazing with...
this last look, which is the coziest and maybe my favorite.
This corduroy skirt can be paired with practically any top, but I have spoiled myself by living in this cozy white cableknit and can't seem to quit it.
SHOP THE LOOK:
- Sweater | London Texture Sweater, Antique White
- Skirt | Corduroy Skirt [also at Neimans + Saks]
- Mule | Pearla Mule Pumps
- Bag | Katalina Crossbody, Bone White
- Earrings | Baskets of Pearls Earrings
- Headband | Leather Pearl Knotted Headband, Gingerbread
I went all in on accessories because 'tis the season for pearls, leather and a little bit of sparkle in my statement earrings that are sure to start a conversation at the dinner table with an uncle who's wondering why you have baskets hanging from your ears.
Tell him it's all the rage this year, and then let him know it's only on The Avenue. :)